Search This Blog

Friday, December 13, 2013

Queen Of The Desert CH 5 ALL of US





This chapter is dedicated to a gang of punks who will play in Boston tonight.  Rock on, you magnificent bastards.  You are indeed invincible.







So, let's check out Katheena, cool with you?  She shined again, tahoo, amen










Invincible   by OK GO  







Katheena stood there with me atop the black hearse wagon in the icefall and said, “It’s not about you, and it’s not about me.”


I shook my head.  I said, “I dunno, but I feel like folks are all looking at us.  What about that?”


She growled at me.  I stepped back, and remembered that I was not on the ground.

I didn’t have any more back-steps left for me.


She said, “It’s not about them either.  It’s not us nor them.  It’s US.”



I looked down at the utility truck with them bastard punks all attending to the huge punk rocker with the purple mohawk.  He was freshly shot in the face from that Glinty asshole.

I recalled that his roots were actually red. 



I’d found out something about Katheena from Tommy Hewitt.




You know, the first time that the angry punk got shot in the face was at the end of the three day party at Tellesco’s house.




I considered Katheena’s important words and I studied the math.  I weighed options, and then I arrived at my best evaluation.











I said, “hah?”



She dropped her arms at her sides and began to laugh.


That was when them ice pellets stopped falling from the purple sky.


She came over to me as I shrank away from her.  I didn’t want to die.


She took my cringing fingers from my closed eyes---


I mean, she grabbed my powerful biceps and she said, “It’s about the mix of us all.  Blue and Red.  This is something that has been taken, and must be restored to us all.”



She pointed over to the utility truck, at them blasted punks who were loyal to each other to the end, and she said, “We need that big fucker as well.  And that ghost dude whom you call The Glinty.  We got some fighting and dying to do.  Well, most of us.”


I said, “Dying?”


She nodded and said, “All these men in this blue line have been undead for a hundred years or so. This is their opportunity to pass on.  They can complete.”

I said, “What’s this got to do with me?”



She said, “You can bring the red.”



I had no idea what the fuck she was talking about.


But ya know what?




I understood something.



I was not only along for the ride:  I had to sit with her in the driver’s seat.












Fuck.












God Help You.

God Help Us All.


---willies out.






She Builds Quick Machines   by Velvet Revolver  










.

No comments: