Search This Blog

Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Fuckno Wars CH 15 Voy Contigo






If You’re Ready  by the Staple Singers



“A Teacher is one who has the opportunity and also the responsibility to share what they have learned with others, for the betterment of all.”   ---Sinister Minister Glinty McFlintlock, ca. 1872.






THE

FUCKNO

WARS



CH 15







VOY


CONTIGO








“I go with you.”




I adjusted my tie and I got my shit together.  I would follow this one to the ends of the ocean.  Trust.





I followed Lorelei’s ghost down to the empty room below, and paused before entering that room at the hidden panel/door.  I put my ear up against it and tried to listen, but all I could hear was rapid thudding from my heartbeat. 



Do Not Panic.






I was indeed (as Sean had once said): “Pussy whipped by two bitches, from the Pacific to the Atlantic.”  Sean had been talking about the girl from Thailand and the girl from Germany, and they were both dead now.  This ice-cold lady next to me held my key in her hand, but I could not find her keyhole. 


I smelled her perfume all over me, and that put me at ease.  Perhaps in another time, on another “plane” of existence, her body would be warm and silky to the touch, and we would be lying upon the white powder of a beach before the turquoise, clear ocean that stretched for a thousand nautical miles in every direction from our tiny island. 


You can dream, but a dream is only that.


I stood back to take one more look at the ghost girl.  Lorelei shook her head at me.  She said, “You know, Veeeee-ill,  you have something that they do not.”


I had no clue.  I said, “hah?”

She said, “You have me.”


She threw that hidden panel open, and she left me standing in the secret stairwell.


All of a sudden, I felt alone.

I was truly alone.



Tellesco was shouting at himself way down below in the baptized mansion, and I was there on the second floor, about to enter my exit, my exodus.



The ghost girl had left me, and I was left with the feeling of departure, of remaining, of being left alone.  I saw the blue glow of the ghost girl in the room before me, and I was in the dark.  Did she exist at all?


I kept thinking about how this did not make any sense at all, and I tried to figure it out, in that brief instance.  But do you know, another feeling washed over me, from the depths of the ocean, and it was this:


I wanted to catch up.  I saw the trail she left ahead, in the powdery, fresh-fallen snow of a Maine woods in the deep, blue light of early evening, and the sky was growing darker and darker by the second.  I wanted to run forth, to catch up, and each step I took in the deep snow slowed me from her vanishing light up ahead.  I could not keep up.  I struggled like a man in a nightmare, sleeping in his bed with his legs all tangled up in the sheets and the blankets, and I would not wake up.

I could not catch up.


Her light faded:

out,

out,

gone.


Black as pitch from a pine tree.






I faltered. 



And then, I heard boots stomping from a light-year away.



Well, mister, that made me get back to the surface of reality. 


I charged forth, and Lorelei was waiting there for me.


She smiled.


She said, “Come go with me.”


And I did.


God Help You.


God Help Us All.



---willies out.




Rollin’ and Tumblin’   by R.L. Burnside 


No comments: