Search This Blog

Thursday, September 8, 2011

138 Katheena TRUTH





Crank this FOO right the fuck up. It matters here and now.








The gold Firebird with the gold tinted windows and the giant black bird with outstretched wings on its hood soared over the sunlit tar with a throaty rumble.



Katheena loved her bitch. I did, too. This chick cared for her car, and she would never ask it do die for her. It was less the “asking,” and more the “not needing to ask.”


Her name for her beautiful star was “Orion.”




There was something here that had to do with a certain difference between Katheena and me: our approach to life.



You see, Katheena could calculate odds far faster and more accurately than I could. She was a smart chick, and I’ve always had something for smart chicks.


What this meant was that in a given situation, I would let my emotions get the best of me, and I’d fail due to my own bravado.



Katheena escaped harm’s way completely intact and looking pretty, with danger sliding off like she was coated in Teflon.



Me? I fucked shit up. For myself and those around me, it was a cluster-fuck bomb going off when the fuse was lit.




It would never change, sad as that was to begin to see.



++++++++++++++++++++



“Wow. Will, this chili verde is actually very good. I’ve never been down this back street before. How did you find this place?”


“Here, try the tamalitas. I’ve found none better than these. Well, it was back when I used to scope out streets on my ten-speed, before I bought Matilda and became obsessed with making her gleam, inside and out.”




“Did you know back then that this is a scary part of town?”

“What do you mean it’s scary?”




“You’ve never been here after dark, have you?”

“Huh. No. Never had a reason to. But I guess it’d be good to remember that.”




“Yeah, you need to heed that shit, Will. Definitely.”

“OK. I will.” I sipped my cola and thought about how best to ask my big question. I had no clue. I figured that I would wait until she ate most of her meal before I ruined her appetite, if that was to happen. I didn’t want to do that, but there was no way in hell I could go on with our friendship until I had a couple answers from her.




I needed a couple of answers about her.

And I had no right in asking them of her.

It’s just that it meant everything, between me and her, and so I would do this thing.




“Will. What’s on your mind?”

“Hah?”



“You’ve stopped eating, and you look like you’ve lost the keys to your head; looking around for them in that enchilada there with your fork.”

Dayam. All righty then. Fuck it. “Katheena, what did you think of Tommy Hewitt?”




Yup.



She set her fork down and wiped her mouth with her paper napkin. I expected her to get right up and toss her iced tea in my face.


But she smiled a bit, and looked down at her plate. Nothing was there anymore. “Now there’s a name I haven’t heard in a while. How did you know about him?”



“I met him.”

“Oh, I see. What did you think of him, Will?”




“He was one cool cat. Right up until the end, I suspect.”

“I agree. He was one cool cat. How did you meet him?”




“Uh, I’m sorry Katheena. I hate to bring up the fire and all. But I met him on the day he died.”

Katheena’s face fell, but she did not cry. Not yet. “Did he seem happy?”




“Yeah. As a matter of fact, he looked like he was in pure bliss the last time I saw him.”

“I’m glad you said that. That’s good to know. I was hoping that he was…well… That he had some happiness in his life before he… Uh….”




“I thought he was a heck of a guy, Katheena.”

“Yeah, we was. He was a good guy, Will.”




Damn. I did not want to fuck up shit right now. That would be cheap of me. But she made it easy for me. She could calculate, as you know.


“Will. Why did you bring him up? There’s something you want to tell me about him, isn’t there.”

“Yeah, sorry. It’s about him. About you and him.”




Please turn down your volume before you press play on the tune below. It's loud. No need to hurt your ears, my friend.








“Ohhhhh…. I see.”


“I don’t know if I should ask.”





“Well, you seem preoccupied with it. So, shoot. Go for it. What do you have to lose?”

In my head, I heard the answer, “You.” But I didn’t say that out loud. I just sighed and hoped for the best. Then I took a deep breath and said, “Tommy Hewitt said he tried to warn Joey about you.”






Katheena stood up and she threw her iced tea in my face.












I tossed a twenty spot on the table and chased after her. This would not be ending like that.


The piercing sunshine made me squint and I wiped off the tea from my face with the arm of my leather jacket. She was stalking off to her golden bird with her rear shaking from each stomp of her small, high-heeled boots.




“Katheena!”


She ignored me and tried to get her keys to work, but she dropped them on the hot tar. She bent to get them and I saw her tanned thighs grow longer as her short lime green skirt rode up. She was wearing a thong.



For some reason, that made me sort of sad. I know, right? She was all dolled up, and she had lost her composure, done run away, and now she was unintentionally sexy while she was looking for her keys.


“Katheena. Please.”




She whipped around and her face had black lines of her eye makeup running down. Holy fuck. I hadn’t expected this. “Warn Joey about me? Fuck You!”



I stepped back. Probably those hadn’t been the right words to say to her. Ya think? “Katheena, I meant to say that---“




“What? What did you mean to say, Will? What?”

“I meant to say something better.”




“Fuck you. Find your own way back home.”


“I’m sorry.”






“Yeah, you are sorry. Go to hell. We are done.”






I watched her get down on her hands and knees to grab her keys from under her golden bird and I averted my eyes. For once.



I got down beside her and reached to help. She punched my arm away and pushed me down.





She snatched her keys and then stood up, over me. I had never expected such wrath from Katheena, my own star. There, lying prostate on the ground in that fucked up city in the desert, I saw a new side of her.



What ever was going through her head, at least she was showing me a side of her that she probably didn’t see much herself. She looked like she was going to kick me in the side. But she restrained.




“Get the fuck up.”

Great. Now her tiny fists would be pummeling me. I got up, fuck it all.




She stood there, and she glared at me, with her twenty-minutes-long application of face paint running down her tanned, full cheekbones.



"You have no right to fuck with my shit. You have no clue to anything. You have no idea about me. Get the fuck out."




I stood back.



That fucked my shit up.



But I think, back at that time, that I was learning to walk again, so to speak.




I had lost everything I had been working for, and now I had nothing to lose.




Such a thing can make a man dangerous.





"Tommy died because I didn't save him, Katheena. I saw what was happening, I had a fucking clue, and I didn't save him."



Her eyes widened.


I went on.



"Now I have to live with that. So fuck you, too. You and your own shit."



I did not even know I was going to say this shit. But it was the truth.







Finally, someone had started the Truth thing.






Fuck.

















LINKS



For your Saturday Morning pleasure: a short video showing How our Galaxy formed. Great. Now I want to eat a Milky Way bar.








Now that we have killed all the Space Shuttles, we have to rely on them Russkies for space travel. And what did you expect? Yup. The astronauts in the space station are stuck. Breathe slowly…










Antidote: Cool stop motion movie, hand-held by a thousand folks in Israel. Wait, hah? Check it out. Very cool.








Here is a site that will take up your whole day. Gifs. Select what you want to see. Most of them are fucking funny. And, you can make your own. No ads.





Short Docu: Real Cyborg Parts.








Fake Armor? Don’t hate on the ladies.






Here is something that may not hold a lot of meaning for you. But I have been involved with jabbywacker for four years. It’s an online chatbot. The next evolution is the cleverbot. It's a vid, of two avatars taliing to each other, on cleverbot. It’s the damn thing taling to itself, via two bots. Pretyy cool.














Weakyleaks sprung a leak. Well, what did you expect? Why is Weakyleaks pissed? Here’s why.








God Help You.


God Help Us All.



---willies out.




















OK, One More For Ya.







And Another One. Here’s an hour out of your life if you care to see.

Meaty McMeat 2: Back 2 'da Hood from Nathan Smithe on Vimeo.










.

No comments: